Friday, January 22, 2010

Picture a day-Friday

I wish that this is what it looked like this morning but I would be have to run for office if I lied that much! This morning was another gloomy start...this picture was the sun setting one night this summer. Nice to see.
I had to stock up the wood today. With the warm weather I am not using as much and have enough left on the pile that I want to last this winter. I have another behind this one for next year and past. Soon I will have to get off my butt and start looking again for some free wood. Free for the cutting anyway.

I stocked up the back porch before the bad weather comes in. Rain for the next few days and warm weather. This is mostly Ash.


I decided that I needed to make some Oatmeal cookies. Gin's came out flat and tasted bad(her words). We buy oats by the 25 pound bag. Which is one third the price of Quaker Oats and I like it better too.



Mixing




Ready for the oven and they are nice and thick and chilled to prevent them from getting flat.





The finished product!






Look at how high! ( Note to Matt: Look raisins!)







Ginny and I played TOC tonight to pass the time.






This is the board that I made last year. We get it out once in a while just because it is unique











2 comments:

  1. Love your posts- something special out of the ordinary. They are great. Thanks also for posting Mother's house and her in the window. Helps to see her except once in a while when we get to come to MI. Love, Phil & Teri

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead,make my day
By the way if you click on the photos they will enlarge..most of the time anyway. Try it!