Monday, October 5, 2009

Kids wooden peg board toy

My granddaughter loves to help me with my projects and follows me around in the garage like a shadow. I had a piece of wood that I drilled some holes in and let her pound in some nails. Well that didn't work so well ,she had to hold the nails to hit them and it was bad.
So I made this peg board that she can pound on to her hearts content. One hand ,with her tiny hammer. When she pounds all of them in she will just flip it over and start again. I can hardly wait to give it to her. If you make one be sure to make the height so that when the pegs are pounded in flush they hit the surface that it is on so the pegs won't drive all of the way out. The hardest part is drilling the holes(3/4 " in this case) so the pegs are snug but not too tight for easy pounding.
I made the pegs out of an old broom handle and the rest is scrap lumber and paint. The tiny hammer I had but will be looking for a small wood mallet. Sometimes the simple toys are the best and the price was just right!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I could do with a husband like you Tom as mine is not very good at such things hehe. I have just bought my two little boys a couple of wheelybugs for Christmas and I hope they will last a year or so because they were quite expensive. I will have a look for a wooden peg set online too as I think the boys will love them too.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead,make my day
By the way if you click on the photos they will enlarge..most of the time anyway. Try it!