Monday, October 12, 2009

Digging Sweet Potatoes


I planted sweet potatoes this year just to see how they would do in our Michigan weather. I didn't think that they would amount to much...but was I surprised to see how well they did! This is from two plants that I had in one of my raised beds. Mostly sandy soil that I had dug in the back of my property. I think that the nice soft loose soil may have helped. First time picking it was interesting to see how the tubers were straight down in a clump right in the center of the plant. Nice meal ! One of them is more that the wife and I can eat. These will be great this winter and I still have one more to dig before the ground freezes. I will have to plan on planting these again. I think I need more raised beds...humm
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. There is that darn slipper again. You seem to have a desire for it to sprout blossoms and create more. :-) The sweet potatoes look wonderful. Will be great at Thanksgiving. What time is dinner??? Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead,make my day
By the way if you click on the photos they will enlarge..most of the time anyway. Try it!