Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Freezer inventory made easy.


We got another freezer this summer so we could use it just for meat and I finally got a good way to keep track of all of the different cuts. We tried a list but it just didn't work out. Now it is a snap. We mounted a cork board with these circles with all of the different names . We use push pins to keep track. This is working out this time. No more lost roasts! Just pull the pin when something is removed ,and add them when adding to the stores.
My tip for the month.




2 comments:

  1. addicted to food I see LOL....great system...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to do this with my freezer. maybe one of these days I'll get out there and tackle the job... in the summer of course. I always loose track of my meats and such. this would make for less freezer burt food and less waste

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead,make my day
By the way if you click on the photos they will enlarge..most of the time anyway. Try it!