Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Desk making







My latest project is finally bout done. I didn't want to post anything on it in case I goofed up but now I feel pretty good about it. I used poplar ,oak trim and maple for the legs. Sarah and Mark were looking for a desk to fit into a nook for her to put a laptop and do bills etc.. I made this one to order using pocket hole joinery. I love using my Kreg pocket hole tool. It is SO easy now to join two pieces of wood. Check it out here. http//www.kregtool.com
Check out the pocket holes in the first two pictures.










I picked up a router and table at the auction this summer for a steal. I have a ton of bits with it ,6 hard cover woodworking books and a cabinet. And the router that came with it was a Sears Professional 2 hp.


I think that I paid 65 dollars for all. I couldn't have gotten the books for that! Now I am putting it to use. I have a lot to learn but am thinking of making a large cabinet for storing cooking utensils like all of our cast iron pans.


The price of wood is so bad right now I can't imagine what it will cost.


Later.

















1 comment:

  1. Great work Tom!
    Nice looking pocket holes.
    All the best,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead,make my day
By the way if you click on the photos they will enlarge..most of the time anyway. Try it!