Tuesday, April 27, 2010

April Campfire

The weather was so good last Wednesday that we decided to invite the neighbors down to have some fun around a fire. It was great until a small shower pasted by . So we just built up the flames an put up our hoods for a while and it passed. We had a great sunset and cooked some marsh mellows and had wine and cheese and crackers for snacks.
Macy got tired fast and fell asleep in Ginny's arms. I had to carry her home on the four wheeler and tuck her in...enjoying every minute.
This is my asparagus patch . Yes it looks a smokey the bear ad but this is what I do each spring just before the spears start coming up. I leave all of the dead plant material dry and then burn it off to kill as much of the weeds as i can. I don't want to use any sprays and this works pretty well. It also makes it a lot easier to find them and the dark ground warms faster. All I need is a torch and a little wind to fan the flames. Instant weeding.Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Go ahead,make my day
By the way if you click on the photos they will enlarge..most of the time anyway. Try it!