Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Planting potatoes

This week we planted potatoes and sugar snap peas out back in our early garden. The sand there is good for spuds and can be worked early.
I had to get a brand new engine for the tiller this week too. OUCH that cost me a little cash that I didn't see coming. ($400+). I found out that all of the small engines under say 13hp or so no longer come with a horse power rating! They now state how much torque is generated. I think that the industry got sued because they were overstating HP all along.
We used string for guides to keep the rows straight which makes it much easier to weed later on. We have four rows about 75 feet long. Kennebec's all of them. They have a great creamy taste.
We stared letting the cats out and this one must have been hungry so she is waiting at the bird feeder for a little snack. She didn't do to well . I think she thinks she's invisible and wonders why those bird aren't coming around. House cats,go figure.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead,make my day
By the way if you click on the photos they will enlarge..most of the time anyway. Try it!