Saturday, August 21, 2010

Late Summer food

This is the time of year that I love having a loaded hamburger filled with all of the fresh veggies from the garden. Tomatoes won't taste this good until next year. I like banana peppers,onions,tomatoes ,and if it fits, lettuce on mine. Gin cooks up the peppers and onions and toasts my buns. Am I spoiled or what. Life is good.
We don't grow sweet corn because someone always gives all we need. Today we got about 8 dozen from our friends,the" Cobb's", how fitting a name hey. We blanched the ears and stripped the kernels for freezing. I think we got nine quart bags in all. The corn is extra sweet this year and will be great this winter.
Gin has been slicing and freezing tomatoes and freezing them on cookies sheets . They are great for adding to recipes later. That's whats going on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead,make my day
By the way if you click on the photos they will enlarge..most of the time anyway. Try it!