Wednesday, August 26, 2009

So it begins...canning season started with tomatoes today and tomorrow Pears! This years crop of pears are bigger than ever. I believe that the pruning I did on the old pear tree paid off. I was afraid at first because it is so old but it is doing fine. Here we are feeding tomatoes into the squeezo fruit grinder and looking stupid.


This is it in action for those of you who haven't seen the light ,it is the best way to get sauce quickly. The cut up pieces go in the hopper and while I crank the pulp comes out one way and the seeds,skins and whatever go out the end. Neat hey. Works for apples and berries too. We then add spices and cook it down to get it thick. The weather has been near perfect and I am hopeing for a good apple crop. Later.


1 comment:

  1. So wait ... you guys just put the raw tomatoes through the squeezo ??? you dont boil them down first ? wow, that would save me some time !
    ~ shell

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead,make my day
By the way if you click on the photos they will enlarge..most of the time anyway. Try it!