Thursday, August 20, 2009

Our visit to New York

We just returned from a graduation party in up-state New York. Shell's sister Elizabeth is pictured here. All of the kids are home schooled and are great kids,respectful,fun,smart and just a pleasure to be around. Anytime that we needed anything the girls would jump up and take care of us. Nice for a change. We spent 5 days there visiting and helping out with some of the farm work on their 170 acre farm. It was beauiful to say the least. A slower down to earth pace that I just love.
This is Liz sitting on the porch one morning talking.

They have a few horses that the girl ride and take care of. This is Patrishia and she is a little shy still at 15. She and I worked on the wagon loading hay bales on the elevator to be stacked. I think that she can outwork me...but don't tell her!
Both Matt's up in the hay mound. It was very hot .
Trish and I loading bales. I had fun working with trish even though it was hot heavy work. She kept me busy too...farm girls,you gotta love'em.

Matthew and I took a long walk around the farms rolling hills.
Coming back to the house after our walk. I think the house is from the 1800 era.
On the last night they asked if I would take a family picture so I took a bunch but could not get them to laugh.....so I pulled up my shirt and took the picture and this is the result. A great shot. I just love the quick smiles that they have. My thanks to them for letting us visit.

1 comment:

  1. oh what fun. sounds like you had a wonderful time with a wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead,make my day
By the way if you click on the photos they will enlarge..most of the time anyway. Try it!