Thursday, April 2, 2009

New Windows!

We have been overdue to get some new windows in our bedroom. The old wood windows have fallen apart allowing a lot of cold air into the house,the storms were broken and some we couldn't open any more. So we took the plunge and spent our tax return money on six new windows. I had been thinking about doing it my self but I had no experience with installing them . I hate to pay the long dollar for someone else to do work for me but I am glad that I did (this time). They did the whole job in less than three hours and they trimmed the outside much better than I could have. They made it look so easy too. It must be a good feeling to do one thing and do it well. Here are the photos.






These are the before pictures








The old storms that I will never have to use again! Yes.





The first one being installed



And the finished product waiting for us to paint the stop moldings. We noticed that the room was a lot more quiet than before and no sweating windows! It feels like a new room. Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, a job well done. Looks great and will be wonderful in the winter when the cold wind won't be comming into the room. And yes, Life is Good!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead,make my day
By the way if you click on the photos they will enlarge..most of the time anyway. Try it!