Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cutting down the dead Ash tree

In one of my previous posts you saw that the neighbors dead ash tree fell on my garage and greenhouse . Well there was still a lot of tree still standing and in danger of falling on my garage again. Today my friends came over with the tractor to help me pull it down. I was to say the least a little nervous because it was in the neighbor's yard. There is a shed and her wellhead near where I had to drop it. Here is the tail.

Cliff and Doug.



















Here is Cliff after we got the straps and chains hooked up . We had to get far away.







This is hours later after I had it all cut up. A lot of work but it will help heat the house next winter. All I have to do now is get it all split and piled up in the back. Any volunteers?







Click on this to see it closer.





Okay it's going down! Watch the upper limb hit the little tree and break in half. That saved the shed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead,make my day
By the way if you click on the photos they will enlarge..most of the time anyway. Try it!