Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Wood Fairy cometh


Sometime last week the wood fairy did come and split all of the wood ......  Okay, it was just me...and I am finally done until I find any more free wood.  I just can't bring myself to pay for wood when I can do the work .  I enjoy cutting wood anyway.  I just don't care for all of the handling afterwards.  I tried to count all of the times that I handled a piece of wood from cutting to burning.....somewhere around a dozen times!  Keeps me young.   Or maybe it is making me old,  I can't tell which.



I think that I have two years plus all stacked and ready to burn.   
I got a great deal at the auction on a very large truck tarp that I cut into four pieces to cover the piles .  Not bad for five bucks!  
We stopped burning any wood now and we miss it already.  We like the warmth in  the mornings and cooking on it for dinner.  Spring time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead,make my day
By the way if you click on the photos they will enlarge..most of the time anyway. Try it!