Monday, March 15, 2010

Pot at the end of the Rainbow?

Okay ,you may think that I have finally gone over the edge ,and I don't blame you if you do....but I have acquired an unusual item this week. A 40 gallon stainless steel ,tilting steam heated pot. It has a double bottom that steam flows through to heat the contents of the pot. I have no idea what I am going to do with it but it sure looks cool. My mind is racing trying to think of a use. Maybe I will start making wine ? Beer? (Kevin what would you use it for? Beer making? I could make a lot of bread dough in this! I could do 25 loaves at a time!


Cranking the handle tilts the bowl and it work real easy too. Nice.





You can see the pipe where steam runs through the bottom of the pot.




It cleaned up well too. I still need to use a cleaning pad to shine it up .









I looked up the price here of a new one in case someone wants to get one. (:
It sure helps to have some friends hey. Anyone think of a use ,chime right in..Please!


5 comments:

  1. That thing is awesome. My jaw dropped.

    There are a number of brewing applications that you could use it for, but they would all require modifications. The best use I think in brewing would be for the mash, as it tips, which would be great for cleanup (getting the 100 pounds of wet grain it would hold). The size is so big though. Legally, a person is allowed to make 200 gallons of home brew per year, but you'd only get 5 batches out of that thing, and you'd need another 40 gallon container to boil in.

    If you can get your hands on 3 like that, but 300 gallons apiece, we can start a real live brewery, and quit messing around with this 5 gallon home brew noise. I'll do the brewing, my dad can do the sales, and you can be chief brewery tinkerer. We can get Shell to donate Ben to clean things when he's big enough. You know, to help build character. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Kev I'll be the tinkerer AND cheif taster . I am thinking how to heat this thing. I would have to build a steam generator to pass steam through as it is set up for(double bottom). How about wine making?
    My friend that gave me this says that there may be more. He also says that there is a five foot tall electric mixer with attachments. Lets see a hundred pounds of flour,80 eggs,5 gallons milk,15 cups of honey and wow I need a bigger oven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think it would make a good Jacuzzi for Ben. Just add water, get the steam going, add an attachment to make the water bubble (or give Ben some beans).

    or, let Ginny stomp some grapes in it, ya know put on some of that grape music, heck I might come join her.
    Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead,make my day
By the way if you click on the photos they will enlarge..most of the time anyway. Try it!