Sunday, June 21, 2009

Garden update raised beds

The raised beds are doing great so far...the tomatoes seem to really benefit from this type of space even though I put way too many in too small of a space. I have a good variety and they are growing faster than the ones in the main garden. Maybe it is the fresh dirt. I will need to stake them soon. Thinking of using the hoops to help. I need to study the layout. As you can see the garden needs weeding. My tiller is down for repairs ...when it gets up and going I will clean things up a little.
Strong growth in the raised beds. Nice thick stems. I lay down newspaper then cover that with a thick layer of wheat straw to hold in the moisture and help hold down the weeks. Works very well.

We had three Zucchini so far and more coming fast. The summer squash are producing too.

The pears seem to be doing well this year. Hoping for some size.
Our biggest matters. Called Big Early. I got one plant from my brother-in-law Jerome just to have some early tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead,make my day
By the way if you click on the photos they will enlarge..most of the time anyway. Try it!