Saturday, June 6, 2009

For the Birds

Last May we spend a couple of days with some friends in the western part of the U.P. in Michigan. They had some bird feeders hung near their kitchen window and had an amazing variety of bird coming right up to the windows to feed. We loved it so much that we have tried to create the same effect at our house and have had some pretty good luck. We don't have as wide a variety but are doing great . The hummingbirds come right to the window and the finches are fun to watch. This year we also have the pine siskin's coming.
Anyway I have some fun trying to photograph them. Here are some of the photos.








This one has some spider web on it's beak. I read that they line their nest with it .



This is one of the clearest shots that I took. He held still longer than the others.




My fav pictuce of the finches . The record is 14 at once.



Anyway I have some fun trying to photograph them. Here are some of the photos.






The last is some video of them feeding. Notice the hummer's tongue going as it feeds.
I have to add this one of Macy trying to shred some cheese for her spaghetti,that she loves so well. I have to wonder how it will be when Matt and Shell have their baby. Another bright spot in our lives.


Check out the tongue action.

Click on some of these photos to see them full screen because a few are good shots. The last time I tried birds shots was with my sister Sue's camera. That was what got me interested in getting a good digital camera.

3 comments:

  1. I sure have a problem editing this stuff. Seems that it all gets upside down. Shell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, your editing NEEDS some help ... bad !LOLOL
    Great pictures of the birds ! We put out our hummingbird feeders a while ago and have still yet to see one ... hope they show up soon !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sigh that Macy gives as she is shredding the cheese, but she keeps going.
    What a sweetie!!

    Love the hummingbirds, how cool. We tried last year but no hummingbirds showed up. We did have the chickadees and that was fun.

    Love Sue

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead,make my day
By the way if you click on the photos they will enlarge..most of the time anyway. Try it!