Thursday, February 24, 2011

A hike after the recent ice storm.

     We had a good ice storm and everything was covered with a smooth thick covering of ice.  When I got home the sun was shinning so we took a walk to the far neighbors.
 I recently purchased a new camera and couldn't wait to try it out and this was a great opportunity.  (click on images to enlarge)
 Ginny walked with me testing the trail.  The top of the snow was ice and sometimes we broke thru, which made Gin make all of these funny noises .
   I couldn't capture all of the glistening ice that was everywhere.  It was beautiful ! 

   The ice on this pine looked fake..as if someone had decorated it.

 Our neighbor's horses. 

















   The only hint of how it looked .  I need to work on this and get the image just the way I want it.  Now that I have a good camera I need to make it work for me.    Get out and walk in some bad weather...it does a body good.
This is a little out of focus but it shows a little of the sun shinning on the branches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead,make my day
By the way if you click on the photos they will enlarge..most of the time anyway. Try it!