Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Stocking up the pit storage.

November is half gone and between deer hunting trips I try to keep up with the needs at home. It's been a good month so far. I have one deer in the freezer and Matt has gotten three! I want to go out again before gun season opens on the 15th but Michelle started Labor last night but it is progressing slowly. Can't miss the birth of a grandchild.
We are still slowly digging potatoes as we need them. These are Kenebec




I cut all of the cabbages because I thought that it would stay cold. Here Ginny is taking the wagon full back to the storage pit that Macy and I dug..okay I dug and she played in.



Here is the buried container full of cabbage and not shown is a pile of turnips that a friend gave me.




The trash bin closed up. I did later cover the hole. After this photo I set more bails in front and on top to seal in the bin to keep out the cold and it just looks like a pile of straw. We'll see how this turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead,make my day
By the way if you click on the photos they will enlarge..most of the time anyway. Try it!