Thursday, September 17, 2009

"On Deck" add on to the Whizbang Cider Press

I'm getting ready for cider pressing and have been thinking of how to improve the setup. This is what I am going to call the ON Deck platform. I attach it with a couple of door hinge pins so it can be removed for storage.

I made another basket from wood that I got at the auction for 2 bucks! They were all small pieces of hardwoods. So now I have a complete ON DECK setup so that a basket can be loaded while another is being pressed. That will cut down on the press idle time.




This is the finished product . I did add cross supports to the legs after this photo. Now to paint it.

2 comments:

  1. looks great ! Cant wait !
    ~Shell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow are you just the handyman. Proud of you.
    So like when is he cider tasting??

    Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead,make my day
By the way if you click on the photos they will enlarge..most of the time anyway. Try it!